Re: IML: '65 & '66 Radio

My '66 has AM/FM with reverb and the foot control search tune.

Neal Herman
1959 Imperial
1966 Imperial
et al.

search tune and foot switch, or an AM/FM radio without search tune and
floor switch. Reverb was available for both.

> Paul
>
> In an email dated Sun, 20 3 2005 5:15:58 pm GMT, "Don Savard"
<res03r3f@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> >Chris,
> > ?If you have an AM/FM radio they can be reconditioned/rebuilt. A local
guy does it here for about $350.00.
> > Don

You

<twolaneblacktop@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:twolaneblacktop@xxxxxxxxxxx>>
> > ?> Subject: IML: Kenyon Wills visit, and the Imperial parts Nirvana
experience
> > ?> Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 02:12:58 -0800
> > ?> This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
> > ?>
> > ?> I was down in San Francisco last week visiting my Mom, and seeing =
> > ?> friends. I
> > ?> contacted Kenyon to see if we could get together to meet, and talk
> > ?> Imperials.
> >
> > ?> When we got to "Doc's" I was amazed at the rows, upon rows of
engines,
> > ?> scattered varied parts, but most of all, the "Texas Chain Saw
Massacre" =
> > ?> barn
> > ?> full cobwebs, spiders, and several of any one part anyone could ever
=
> > ?> need
> > ?> for an Imperial! ?I found 3 '66 hubcaps within the virtual mountain
of
> > ?> '66-'69 style caps, and Kenyon threw in 3 extra earlier year caps
that =
> > ?> had
> > ?> perfectly good retaining rings on them so I might figure out a way to
> > ?> replace the destroyed ones on what are otherwise perfectly
presentable =
> > ?> caps
> > ?> that had flown off Doris at earlier dates, and been run over. ?The
caps =
> > ?> are
> > ?> all fine, but the retaining rings were mangled beyond any hope.
?Now, =
> > ?> how to
> > ?> replace the retaining rings on the '66 caps I did salvage from the
side =
> > ?> of
> > ?> the road? ?It appears the backings are, for lack of better
description,
> > ?> "Crimped" onto the hubcap, at least around the outer perimeter.
?That =
> > ?> would
> > ?> need to be folded back, ring replaced, and re-crimped to be
successful.
> > ?> Kenyon came up with a "slice, and weld" solution that could very =
> > ?> possibly
> > ?> work, but would be expensive, I'm sure. ?Although, with the scarcity
of
> > ?> these caps these days, it may just be worth it to have a reserve
stash =
> > ?> of
> > ?> the 20 lb. projectile killer hubcaps on hand. ?Is that Honda in the
next
> > ?> lane with the big Kazoo "Muffler" getting on your nerves? ?Well,
with =
> > ?> just
> > ?> the proper pothole, you can dislodge a '66 hubcap smack into the
Honda, =
> > ?> and
> > ?> totaling it ?Pull over, retrieve said hubcap from the flaming
wreckage, =
> > ?> and
> > ?> scamper away. ?If anyone sees you, they will surely report your car
as =
> > ?> an
> > ?> Impala, and you will never get caught. =20
> > ?> =20
> > ?> Kenyon also showed me a way to wire the caps on so as they would not
be =
> > ?> able
> > ?> to fly off. ?Very ingenious, and involves a nifty tool Kenyon had in
his
> > ?> garage, I forget what he called it, but it was a twisting =
> > ?> wrench/grip/wire
> > ?> spinner type of deal some guy in Pomona (where the proverbial Pimp
in my
=
> > ?> million
> > ?> on patenting, and marketing. =20
> > ?> =20
> > ?> The only casualty was a Black Widow spider who had taken up
residence in =
> > ?> one
> > ?> of the '66 caps, and as I was holding it, she was moving quickly to
let =
> > ?> me
> > ?> know her position on my dislodgement of her home. ?A quick shake of
the =
> > ?> arm,
> > ?> while releasing the said hubcap as quickly as humanly possible from
my =
> > ?> hand
> > ?> was all that needed to dislodge her from her home, the cap, and Liz,
> > ?> Kenyon's girlfriends quick stomp of her foot, sent the BW to "The =
> > ?> promised
> > ?> land".
> > ?> =20
> > ?> Upon my arrival back at my Mom's apt., I struck a deal with her.
?Let me

?http://www.imperialclub.com<http://www.imperialclub.com/>
> > ?This message was sent to you by the Imperial Mailing List. Please
> > ?reply to
mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> and
your response will be
webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>