Sent: Sunday, March 20, 2005 8:33 AM
Subject: Re: IML: 1967 Thermostat

It is 16 psi, but I doubt this is your problem, it takes a very hot and long
drive day to overheat the car if this was all wrong with it. Your radiator may
be clogged. Or more likely, if the overheating happened during idle, the fan
clutch may have given up. I presume the water pump belt is nice and tight.

D^2, that had another water pump belt go at 4500 rpm, 2nd gear (90 mph)

Quoting Eric Nelson <ericnelson424@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

Hi,

I just bought a 1967 Imperial Crown. After the car has run for a while it
overheats and leaks after it is parked the coolant flows out of the overflow

tube.  I flushed the system and changed the thermodstat but it happened
again.  Then I realized that the radiator had a 7lb cap in it.  My 65 New
Yorker 413 has a 14 lb cap on it and that never overheated.

What is the proper radiator cap pressure for the 1967 440 motor?

Thanks