Re: IML: Radios

It is very possible that it originally came with an AM search tune radio. It could have been changed to the '66 AM/FM some time later without anyone ever knowing that the '65 AM/FM radio would have deleted that feature. That would explain the existence of the button on the floor of your car to begin with.

It seems odd to me that the AM/FM radio that I purchased for my '65 from a wrecking yard came out of a '66 LeBaron, which apparently should have had a '66 unit to begin with. If it had, my car would have a floor button search tune AM/FM radio in the dash today as I would have installed it as soon as I got home. I would never have known that the '65 AM/FM radio (and thought that the '66 radio) wasn't available with that feature.

Instead, my car still has the original AM (only) floor button search tune radio that it came with. The AM/FM non-search tune radio is sitting up in the attic collecting dust. With all of this new information, that is likely where it will remain.

Paul