Sent: Wednesday, March 23, 2005 1:02 PM
Subject: IML: Power Steering hoses & Steering box -- '66 Imperial Crown

OK, $1350 later, my car is ready to be picked up! Whew! I still need to put
new power steering hoses in it (before the whole thing goes up in
flames!)--can anyone recommend the best place to find them without spending
a fortune? Will NAPA/Advance/Auto Parts Chain stores have them? Can anyone
help me with the correct part number? I recall reading a while back that
some folks had a hard time getting the right ones.

And lets talk about the steering box: my mechanic says its leaking a bit and
that I should consider having it rebuilt. He said it would cost $375-450,
and that they would essentially be replacing the guts so that it would be
stiffer (ie., no more 'finger' steering). He said this as if the superlight
weight touch steering was a bad thing, but I'm rather partial to it!
Opinions? And might it be just a simple seal I can replace in my driveway?
Thanks for all the help. I'm this close <<fingers pinched>> to getting it on
the road every day, even though the mechanical repairs mean I'll have to
deal with the sagging headliner for another couple of months.

Best regards,

Chris 'Creesto' Lynch
Graphic Designer
shadowboxcabaret.com
located in EastonTownCenter.com and
NewportOnTheLevee.com
Watch Shadowbox Wired on FOX 28 in Columbus
and on WB64 in Greater Cincinnati,
Saturday nights at 1 AM!!