Re: IML: 62 "LeBaron" Coupe

I agree..........looked pretty rough. Still, it may be an interesting project for somebody needing an Imp with manual windows...................................lol. Better that than see the derby dopes get it. Alex

Gerry Eramo wrote:

Hey Alex:

I got the same set.  I’m not an expert by any means but I’ve never seen paint go bad like that before.  He said it’s caused by bad prep.  Most likely the primer wasn’t compatible with lacquer which, in turn,  caused gassing.  Anyone ever hear of that before?  There are small bubbles over every square inch of that car.

Gerry