From: Eric <virgil_97219@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 13:10:33 -0800
Subject: IML: Please Welcome New Member, Martin Justen (1966)

New Subscriber(s): MARTIN JUSTEN
Email Address is: mjusten@xxxxxxxxxxx
Member Location: MCHENRY, ILLONOIS

Car(s) owned: 1966 CROWN 2 DOOR COUPE
WHITE WITH WHITE LEATHER

Self-Introduction: HI, I'M 55 YEARS OLD AND HAVE ALWAYS LOVED THE LATE 50'S TO LATE 60'S IMPERIALS. I REMEMBER SEEING SOME IN THE JUNKYARDS IN THE MID TO LATE 70'S AND ALWAYS LOVED TO LOOK INSIDE TO SEE THE LEATHER SEATS AND WILD DASHES.
I JUST BOUGHT A 66 2DR IMPERIAL CAR FROM SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA OFF EBAY. DROVE IT BACK HOME TO ILLINOIS(2,240 MILES). WHEEL COVER CAME OFF ON INTERSTATE 40 IN ARIZONA. ALMOST CAUSED A MAJOR PILE UP AS EVERYONE INCLUDING SEMIS DODGED IT. GAS TANK LEAKED AT THE SENDING UNIT, GAS GUAGE DIDN'T WORK. GOT 9 MILES TO THE GALLON. JUST SOUTH OF THE MISSOURI BORDER A WHEEL BEARING WENT OUT. GOT RESCUED BY A FRIENDLY MECHANIC WHO RAN A MOBILE REPAIR S HOP. FIXED BOTH WHEELS IN LESS THAN 3 HOURS. CHARGED ME $185.00.. COULDN'T BELIEVE IT. I GAVE HIM $200.00. I'M ALSO GOING TO SEND HIM A CHRISTMAS CARD.
I LOVE THIS STYLE IMPERIAL, SO THE AFOREMENTIONED PROBLEMS WON'T STOP ME FROM ENJOYING IT.
ALSO HAVE A 66 BONNEVILLE CONVT. I THINK 1966 HAD THE BEST CARS MADE. LOTS OF CHROME AND BIG ENGINES.
I BELONG TO THE PONTIAC CLUB WHICH HAS LOTS OF NICE AND FRIENDLY PEOPLE.
I LOOK FORWARD TO BELONGING TO THE IMPERIAL CLUB AS I'M SURE THAT THERE ARE MANY NICE AND INTERESTING PEOPLE HERE ALSO.