Sent: Tuesday, April 12, 2005 5:12 PM
Subject: IML: 1990 Imperial brakes

Well;

I put on the Mopar front discs brake pads. They were identical to the ones I purchased at the auto store, but nevertheless I had to do it as the Chrysler garage stated it was probably the problem. It did not change anything. The car has brakes sometimes and other times it has spongy to none. I was going to try to bleed them, according to Mitchels software you are suppose to pump the brakes 25 times to release the ABS brake system before bleeding. 5 pumps and the brake fluid came out of the reservoir, back pressure.
I believe there is something wrong with the Bendix unit. As that is all there is, as the booster, master cylinder and proportioning valve are all part of the one unit.

I will call the garage tomorrow. I played their game but they are not going to brush me aside. I know I could change it out but I do not have the time and they told me the unit is covered under the warranty but they said it was putting out 200 lbs pressure maybe so but something is not right.

Anthnoy