Re: IML: fan clutches

Just go to the parts store and ask them if they have a buyers guide ( this would presume they actually have catalogs and can read ) for the fan clutch brand they sell. Then, go to the listings and look at the length dimensions from the base that bolts to the water pump to the flange where the fan attaches.

Back when Mopar performance was Direct Connection they sold a " universal " fan clutch thru Direct Connection for any mopar v-8. It may still be listed, I dont know. Anyway, for another of our Mopars it was a bit on the short side and the fan was further from the radiator than we wanted. We went to a parts store and went thru the buyers guide to find one with a slightly longer shaft length.

Btw, nearly all of the older rear drive v-8 cars - regardless of brand - use the same bolt spacing at the fan pulley on the water pumps and turn in the same direction so the fan clutch doesnt have to know what car it was originally meant to fit... a fan clutch isnt that smart anyway.

Good luck

Mikey
62 Crown Coupe