RE: IML: No -start after oil pump install - what did I miss?

RE: IML: No -start after oil pump install - what did I miss?

>I installed a new oil pump on the 440 in my '72.

Remove plug #1
While holding your finger over the plug hole for #1 gently turn the
engine from the crank pulley with a ratchet.  You should feel
compression pushing your finger away from the spark plug hole on the
compression stroke.  Once you feel the compression line the timing mark
up on the harmonic balancer and install the distributor with the rotor
pointing to #1 cylinder.  Reinstall the plug, start her up and set the
timing.

If you lazy like me just line the timing mark up and reinstall the
distributor.  It will either start or pop back through the exhaust/carb.
If you get the pop back you are 180 degrees off and need to remove the
distributor and advance 180 degrees then try again.

                        Steve B.