Re: IML: temperature gauge showing over heating

Re: IML: temperature gauge showing over heating

--- "Woolf,Richard T(Contractor)"
<richard.woolf@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> If the problem is still there then I'm out of ideas.

> Does anybody have any thoughts???

Sneak into the kitchen and steal your wife's candy
thermometer.  Remove the radiator cap, insert stolen
candy thermometer, start the car, and let it run up to
operating temperature (you'll see the coolant start to
move quickly when the thermostat opens up).  You'll
get an exact idea of how hot the coolant is.

Then read the information found at
http://allpar.com/history/mopar/electrical2.html.
Replacing the instrument cluster voltage regulator is
pretty simple (as detailed in this article) and may be
the solution to the problem.

Elijah

http://www.imperialclub.com/~imperial71/
http://www.imperialclub.com/~imperial71/bookshelf.htm