IML: 63 air conditioning

    My air conditioning compressor locked up two years ago.  I have finally been able to get a re-built compressor, clutch, hoses, and receiver/dryer.  I need some advice on flushing out the remaining parts of the system.  The instructions on the new compressor say that the expansion valve and the mufflers should NOT be flushed with solvent, does this sound correct?  I can understand why not the valve, but I would think the mufflers should be.  I see that there are some special flushing tools, but they are fairly expensive for what will probably be a one time use for me.  Is it good enough to put solvent in and blow it out with air?  Can I do this with the evaporator and condenser in the car or do they really need to come out to do it right?

    I also am thinking of using AUTOFROST (R-406) instead of 134.  Has anyone had experience using 406 in their Imperials?

Thanks,
    John