From: "Wm. R. Ulman" <twolaneblacktop@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 8 May 2005 22:05:09 -0700
Cc: "'Jan & Roger van Hoy'" <vanhilla@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <Mastertoon@xxxxxxx>, <barbaraa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Eric'" <ericcochran@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <LUlman@xxxxxxx>, <soelj@xxxxxxxxxx>, "'Padura/Peipert'" <padura@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Greg and Russell'" <65luxuryliner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Tony Lindsey'" <papatony@xxxxxxx>, <WesternHorseman1@xxxxxxx>, "Cathy Shewood" <csherwood@xxxxxxx>, <jcompton@xxxxxxx>, <fkrause@xxxxxxx>, <wulman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <ttedrick@xxxxxxx>, <faux2go@xxxxxxx>, "'larry cooper'" <larrydcooper@xxxxxxxxx>, <cookstert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <ringsmu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Leslie'" <kansas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'DANIEL LA PLAUNT'" <dlaplaunt@xxxxxxx>, <jkbs98@xxxxxxx>, <tnelson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <acfownes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <dansgarage@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Mike Ringwald" <marynmike4e@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "'David Wisham'" <dwish_2000@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: IML: Bill Ulman - Well, after years of saying I would, I did.  See for yourself...

I have been a member of the OIC (Online Imperial Club) for many years now, well OK, 4 ½, but that is still a long time, but have never posted a picture of Doris Day, my 1966 Imperial Crown Convertible Coupe, until now.? Below is the direct link to my own page.? Thank you very much, Jeff Ingraham.

http://www.imperialclub.com/Yr/1966/billulman/index.htm .

Doris is the third Imperial I have owned, and driven daily over the past 12 years.? The first was a ¹63 Imperial Custom I purchased from the original owner.? That car had power windows, and the rarest of color combo is available in ¹63 and only on the Custom model.? That car was an Evergreen exterior with a blue/grey fabric/vinyl interior.? I foolishly sold it in ¹97 when I bought Zsa, Zsa, my bad attitude ¹60 Crown Convertible Coupe, which sent me to the poorhouse and often.? Swivel seats only keep the passion alive for a short time.

In 2000, when Zsa, Zsa, slapped me for the last time, much like the cop she slapped in L.A., I cried Uncle, and traded her back to Jeff Carter for the gem you will see in the pictures.? I named her Doris Day on the Spot.? I decided to grow my hair long and wear it in a 1966 Bubble doo like Doris day, or even Donna Reed? Get a very politically incorrect, but luxurious vintage fur coat, white gloves, and 5-inch heels and a very Barbara Stanwick ³I¹d just as soon kill you as look at you attitude².? Everything went as planned until I found that once I put on 5-inch heels, I could no longer Parallel park.? So now, I wear 3-inch heels and do OK at it.? A set of smart Charles Jordan pumps, pointy toed right foot tromping on the gas? and driving down I-5 at WOT (Wide Open Throttle) is still a thrill?and a sight to behold, trust me on that one.

In the summer of ¹01, and ¹02 I was Greg Nicholes, the Mayor of Seattle¹s personal parade car.? I got that gig through a partner I worked for at a law firm here in Seattle.? I have also been the lead car each year since ¹98, when I had Zsa, Zsa, in Seattle¹s Annual Gay Pride Parade.? Originally, told I would be driving Rosi O¹Donnell in ¹98, but ended up driving a nationally known, and extremely funny Drag Queen by the name of Mark ³Mom² Findley.? Mark always wears some outlandish outfit that is purported to match my car, but taste is an individual thing, and always remember:? Bad Taste Costs No More.? Actually, in many cases, it does cost more.? I digress.

Doris and I will be driving down the Washington, Oregon coast on Friday May 20th to join the Annual Rhody Days/Imperial Meet in Florence, OR.? It will be fun, driving the coast and listening to tunes from the 40¹s through the 70¹s emitting from my State-Of-The-Art 4-Watt AM Signal Seek Radio.

You may also be interested in perusing the club website if you are not a member by going to: http://www.imperialclub.com/ .

I hope you all enjoy, and please let me know what you think.

Imperially yours,

Wm. R. Ulman

Seattle, WA

¹66 Imperial Crown Convertible Coupe (The Youngest of all Imperials.) Per the ¹66 Sales brochure.

WA State Vanity Plates: FIT4AQN

twolaneblacktop@xxxxxxxxxxx