IML: Bill Ulman - Well, after years of saying I would, I did. See for y

IML: Bill Ulman - Well, after years of saying I would, I did. See for yourself...

I have been a member of the OIC (Online Imperial Club) for many years now, well OK, 4 ½, but that is still a long time, but have never posted a picture of Doris Day, my 1966 Imperial Crown Convertible Coupe, until now.? Below is the direct link to my own page.? Thank you very much, Jeff Ingraham.

http://www.imperialclub.com/Yr/1966/billulman/index.htm .

Doris is the third Imperial I have owned, and driven daily over the past 12 years.? The first was a ’63 Imperial Custom I purchased from the original owner.? That car had power windows, and the rarest of color combo is available in ’63 and only on the Custom model.? That car was an Evergreen exterior with a blue/grey fabric/vinyl interior.? I foolishly sold it in ’97 when I bought Zsa, Zsa, my bad attitude ’60 Crown Convertible Coupe, which sent me to the poorhouse and often.? Swivel seats only keep the passion alive for a short time.

In 2000, when Zsa, Zsa, slapped me for the last time, much like the cop she slapped in L.A., I cried Uncle, and traded her back to Jeff Carter for the gem you will see in the pictures.? I named her Doris Day on the Spot.? I decided to grow my hair long and wear it in a 1966 Bubble doo like Doris day, or even Donna Reed? Get a very politically incorrect, but luxurious vintage fur coat, white gloves, and 5-inch heels and a very Barbara Stanwick “I’d just as soon kill you as look at you attitude”.? Everything went as planned until I found that once I put on 5-inch heels, I could no longer Parallel park.? So now, I wear 3-inch heels and do OK at it.? A set of smart Charles Jordan pumps, pointy toed right foot tromping on the gas? and driving down I-5 at WOT (Wide Open Throttle) is still a thrill…and a sight to behold, trust me on that one.

In the summer of ’01, and ’02 I was Greg Nicholes, the Mayor of Seattle’s personal parade car.? I got that gig through a partner I worked for at a law firm here in Seattle.? I have also been the lead car each year since ’98, when I had Zsa, Zsa, in Seattle’s Annual Gay Pride Parade.? Originally, told I would be driving Rosi O’Donnell in ’98, but ended up driving a nationally known, and extremely funny Drag Queen by the name of Mark “Mom” Findley.? Mark always wears some outlandish outfit that is purported to match my car, but taste is an individual thing, and always remember:? Bad Taste Costs No More.? Actually, in many cases, it does cost more.? I digress.

Doris and I will be driving down the Washington, Oregon coast on Friday May 20th to join the Annual Rhody Days/Imperial Meet in Florence, OR.? It will be fun, driving the coast and listening to tunes from the 40’s through the 70’s emitting from my State-Of-The-Art 4-Watt AM Signal Seek Radio.

You may also be interested in perusing the club website if you are not a member by going to: http://www.imperialclub.com/ .

I hope you all enjoy, and please let me know what you think.

Imperially yours,

Wm. R. Ulman

Seattle, WA

’66 Imperial Crown Convertible Coupe (The Youngest of all Imperials.) Per the ’66 Sales brochure.

WA State Vanity Plates: FIT4AQN

twolaneblacktop@xxxxxxxxxxx

GIF image