Re: IML: the hot starting problem,,,,,,again!!!! - One Answer Dual Fuel

Re: IML: the hot starting problem,,,,,,again!!!! - One Answer Dual Fuel Pumps

this is what I have done but a little different. I bought a Holley in line electric fuel pump. and about 10 feet of 3/8 fuel hose , a rechargeable battery jumper.

at first I bought it to use as a better way of siphoning gas from my cars to put gas in my lawnmower , ( I could never keep up with my gas can lids) . but I have found many uses of this electric fuel pump.
I made myself a parts washer with a large metal bath tub and the electric fuel pump.

but where it come in handy the most is when I need to start a car thats been sitting for a while. all I need to do is disconnect the hose going into the mechanical fuel pump, and connect it to the input side of the electric unit and connect the extension hose thats already installed on my portable pump to the carb and turn on the pump , wait a few seconds. then with the breather removed. I can look down in to the carb and with my hand push back on the throttle linkage a few times to see if any fuel is getting into the intake. then I turn off the fuel pump. and put everything back the way it was , and start the car. it works very well for me, true it is a pain to go through all that to just start up my cars , but it is more of a pain to have to jack up a car and crawl under , get dirts and rust in your eyes. bust up a perfectly good set of knuckles to change out a burned up starter.

my dad burns up a new starter about every 2 years on his lawn tractor, because he would hold the key and choke the heck out of it hoping it will start up , but he just ends up flooding it, and burning out the starter.

I used to do this also. that was how my dad taught me. but I destroyed 6 starters 2 flex plate ring gears, and this was on just one car! and I have learned my lesson. the cost of the portable battery jumper, electric fuel pump has paid for them selves many times over by now.

the only thing I don't do but should do is prelube the oil pump before turning the engines over after they have been sitting for months. the dry starts cant be good on the valve train .
 any suggestions on a easy way to prelube the engine before start up. or an oil pump primer for the Chrysler RB engines?