IML: flowmaster resonators/imperials

I found an add in a 4x4 truck magazine today , in the mag they have a "what's new", section and what do I see a possible replacement part for the imperials resonator's the article reads as follows and I quote.

FLOWMASTER
RESONATOR
   on the heels of releasing the Hushpower II muffler, Flowmaster now introduces Hushpower II "The Resonator".
Styled with the same case profiles and form as the Hushpower II mufflers, The Resonator incorporates Flowmaster's latest technology into a unique 12-inch "COOL SHELL" oval case and high-flow "tone-tuned" design. the resonator is offered in both T304 and T409 stainless.

when I came across this artical in the july 2005 edition of "FOUR WHEELER"  magazine on page # 24. the only thing I could think of was the iml list many of you have had problems in the past looking for resonators , now flowmaster makes them, with the artical in a 4x4 magazine I would think they are intended for use on high torque engines like what you have in an imperial,

price ranges from about $168.and $214. depending on which type of stainless you choose.

hope this information is helpfull to someone.

Discover Yahoo!