IML: '56 Ballast Resistor FollowUp

Wow!  Lots of great info and feedback from everyone, thanks.  I have come to realize that the resistor is fine and will stick with just doing a normal tune up and replacing the dying coil.  The car starts and runs fine, at least as far as resistor related problems so obviously it can be ignored.

Paul had asked about the ignition wires - Bernbaum's set ($27.50) comes cut to length with the plug end connectors attached and a bag full of the distributor end connectors and boots.  An hour sitting at my patio table with a double edge razor and a pair of pliers and I had a fully assembled set.  Fortunately for me, the previous owner had included a complete set of the plug insulators which I was able to use.  Bernbaum does carry these (he calls them 'hemi insulators') for $8.50 each but he wasn't sure he could get them for another couple of months.  You still would have to do the assembly work.

If the weather decides to ignore the current forecast, I might get the tune-up done this weekend, otherwise it will have to wait until sometime next week.

Jeff
'56 Sedan
Trenton, NJ