From: Christopher H <imperial67@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 14:02:16 -0700
Subject: Re: IML: 67 Crown Door Handle Inserts

The 1967-only inserts are for the exterior door handles, and they are not
real wood, so they cannot be restored like the interior wood.

They are a simulated woodgrain like Di-Noc over an aluminum base, and they
were susceptible to sun damage and sometimes the normal wear expected of a
handle you need to grasp to enter the car.

Mine look perfect on the shady side, suggesting that they resisted the wear
of physical contact far better than they resisted fading from sunlight. I
"temporarily" replaced mine with the brushed aluminum set from a 1968 I
found in a junkyard back in 1994 and they are still serving me well. Someday
I'll find a set of good ones!

By the way, they are the same for all 1967 models, not just the Crowns.

Chris in LA
67 Crown
78 NYB Salon