From: "Robin Giesbrecht" <robings@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: IML: 440 sunken valves
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 23:18:07 -0700

Pulled the heads off of my 72 Imperial today. I have got several sunken
exhaust valves which probably means the seats are gone. Could notice the
different heights when the rocker arms were removed. Half the valve seals
are useless.How do you get the drivers side exhaust manifold to clear the
studs? Removing the engine mount bolts and jacking the engine makes things
worse. Remove the engine mount and drop the engine? That is what I am
thinking. Timing chain was trash but the nylon teeth were still on the
sprocket at 105,000 miles. Very little carbon. This engine is stamped H 440
with 1 and 24 under this. Any idea what this means besides the 440
designation?

Robin Giesbrecht
1972 Imperial