Re: IML: Why We Collect

I am a hopeless addict.

They haven't yet created a 28 day spin dry, or 12 step program for this type of addiction. If and when they do, I suppose I will participate. I collect many things. I love Imperial's because I grew up with them. I still have my mother's first Imperial, along with every other one I ever bought. I stopped looking for them in 1975. After that, it was as if they were out looking for me. Every one of them came to me through a friend, or quite by accident.

I also have four Lincoln's, a Buick, and a Ford. I am an Horologist, Audiophile, collector of old English antique furniture, have a bunch of model cars, and several HO train sets. Very early on I came to the realization that I am paying for the privilidge to be the caretaker of all of this stuff for another future owner. With that, comes the responsibility to preserve each item as originally and well as I can afford.

Collecting must be in my blood. I only regret that I was never smart enough to collect houses. If I had, I would have filled them all with collections of everything, and in each garage would be another Imperial, preferably all LeBarons!

Guess that's it for me in a nut shell!

Paul W.