Re: IML: '66 Imperial sending unit

Doesn't Year One have a sending unit for this car?

Teresa

From: Mad4cars@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: IML: '66 Imperial sending unit
Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2005 07:14:58 EDT

The continued saga of the stall out going up hill .. seems this mechanic
found dirt in new carb and filter. Since my gas gauge hasn't worked he felt when
it ran low it sucked up sh--, so now Im trying to find a sending unit. Easier
than it sounds. No one has a rebuilt around I have no idea what other cars
this unit might fit to get more resources. Yes I tried every person on out
parts list. To rebuild 6-8 weeks(car is in an NYC shop,Hello?) that is $85-125,
rush 2 days redo $175 -250, or new from Atlas $219, but after reading reviews
of them.. forget it. Any ideas what to do ?? I need to get one soon or mine
rebuilt.