Sent: Sunday, July 03, 2005 6:14 AM
Subject: Re: IML: '66 Imperial sending unit

The continued saga of the stall out going up hill .. seems this mechanic found dirt in new carb and filter. Since my gas gauge hasn't worked he felt when it ran low it sucked up sh--, so now Im trying to find a sending unit. Easier than it sounds. No one has a rebuilt around I have no idea what other cars this unit might fit to get more resources. Yes I tried every person on out parts list. To rebuild 6-8 weeks(car is in an NYC shop,Hello?) that is $85-125, rush 2 days redo $175 -250, or new from Atlas $219, but after reading reviews of them.. forget it. Any ideas what to do ?? I need to get one soon or mine rebuilt.