IML: '68 Multiplex Illustrated

I was lucky enough to win a 1968 Multiplex system on
eBay. I hope to install the system in my '68 Crown
convertible, which should be a nice distraction from
the '73 and its little problems. (I'll write about
that another time.)

The convertible originally came with an AM radio and
8-track stereo. The 8-track is missing, so I thought I
would upgrade to Multiplex if I could find a donor
system.

Have a look at my new treasure at:
http://www.duricy.com/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=68multiplex

While the convertible has wires and mounts at the
doors for Multiplex speakers, it does not have holes
through the metal kick panels. I'll have to cut. Do
the speakers sink through a square hole so that the
ribs of the kick panel look tidy?

I plan to re-use the convertible's existing rear
speaker, and I'll have to figure out the tie-off the
manual shows for the missing 2nd rear speaker the
convertible lacks.

I'd appreciate any tips on how to test the system
prior to installation.

Enjoy the pictures.

Dave Duricy
1968 Imperial Crown convertible
1973 Imperial LeBaron (The Headless Horseman)
1950 DeSoto Custom