Re: IML: Sometimes things just get quiet on the IML /Carb fix

Re: IML: Sometimes things just get quiet on the IML /Carb fix

I was wondering about the part where Kennyon mentioned taking emery cloth to clean out the pump bore.

 "Cleaned everything out and then took emery cloth and scuffed up the walls of the accelerator pump bore."

I always thought the bore just like cylinder walls should be smooth. Being rough, and leather being soft, I would think would wear the piston material. Anyone have any thoughts on this one. I just finished doing complete rebuilds on 2 AFB carburetors. I left the walls smooth and they both work fine.

Now the engine feels twitchy and responsive
and powerful.  It wants to really take off.

I'll have to adjust my driving accordingly, as I don't
want the car to be all that aggressive - I want it
comfortable and smooth.

 I know the accelerator pump rod has an adjustment to reduce the pump stroke which will make a difference in the amount of gas being injected in the engine. This might help slow the rocket launch syndrome, making take off a bit smoother

George

64 crown
64 LeBaron.