IML: WPC Meet in Burbank

Hi all -

Before it gets to be old news, here's another report
on the meet.  First, great thanks to Aaron Kahlenberg
and the San Fernando Valley chapter for a great event.
I only heard about it a week or so before the event,
but was impressed by the events and organization, even
though I only "partook" in a few.  I registered on
Tuesday and found there were still openings for the
Magic Castle dinner/show.  I'd never been there - by
invitation from a magician member only - so we signed
up and fought the Hollywood Bowl traffic, arriving on
time for about the last dinner seats.  Great shows
after dinner - clever and funny stuff!

We never got an event schedule, so went to the
Wednesday Bob's Big Boy cruise too early, intending to
get back later in the evening, but a mystery insect
bite and sort-of medical emergency killed that plan.

I went up to the hotel on Friday, but not much swap-
meeting going on.  Had a nice chat with John Tennyson,
working on his great '67 (or is it a '68) convert in
the parking lot.  John has been very active in the
Sacramento Imperial owners club for years.

I took my '66 LeBaron to the car show on Saturday (and
should get an award for "shortest distance traveled",
maybe 1.5 miles) and had a good time seeing the cars
and Imperial owners - Sherwood Kahlenberg, Roger
Irland, and Chris Hoffman should be known to the IML
list. The Imperials were divided into at least 4
categories and the '60s models were sort of scrunched
in, but still there was a great variety of years and
models.  My '66 did not compare to "Milburn", possibly
the best '66 LeBaron I've ever seen.

I'll have photos eventually - only shot with film this
time, so it takes a while.

John Tennyson said there's only been 2 other west
coast WPC meets in the last 25 years, so it may be a
while before the next one.  Meanwhile, I think there's
room for communication improvement and cross-promotion
between the Imperial clubs, WPC and ImperialClub.com.

Bob (still need to fix the tranny leak)