Re: IML: afb accel pump bores

The majority of the accel pumps I have seen have leather cups on them, though now the cheapout carb kits are offering some sort of synthetic, what that synthetic is I dont know. Regardless of that, personally I would NOT use a rough abrasive on the bore of the carb itself. Perhaps say, 320 grit or finer paper, but my choice would be scotchbrite. If the things that badly pitted in the bore, its gonna have pits in other places as well. Generally speaking the leather cups will seal very very well, its not meant to create a large amount of pressure anyway, just enough volume to avoid a flat spot when accelerating.

I would advise setting the pump stroke to the correct length as well as using the correct numbered hole in the pump arm, any extra beyond whats necessary is just wasting fuel - you may not think much gets pumped out but it can be surprising.

Personally I dont think it matters who did it on their car or who mentioned it to the list, it isnt really fair to name names just because one person or another mentioned it. As far as causing an online scuffle, Ill call my shots and take my chances and anyone who is bothered by it is free to send me a private message anytime. If they care to flame me online, then cry havoc and let loose the dogs of war ! :)

Mikey
62 Crown Coupe