RE: IML: 90 IMP looking 75

Hello Jim

         When i got my 90 IMP the AC charge wes gone. I had it change over to 134A. Now the ATC system knows if the AC compressor is not on or low. so it may not work right. but after i had the system charged, it still would not blow air out the dash vents. it would only apear to move from floor to defrost. hte ATC head unit (the display/buttons in dash) has a self test is you think it is bad. to put ATC in test hold the AUTO,FLOOR And DEFROST all at same time. the dispay will flash, let go of all buttons and the system will go thru all it function. If it ok it will change back to normal displaying the Temp and so on. if not it will show a code #. Im not sure what yours is or is not doing. but all my stuff was ok. but still no air out dash vents. I had to take alot of the dash out ( all ducked work under dash, radio ashtray and pull a few more duct work out to see the #2 actuator) this is the one that moves the door to let air out vents. its by the gas pedal way up in dash it has a red and a brown hose to it. mine was moving just fine. after i got all the stuff out of the way i could see into the airbox. the actuator moves a frame and that frame has a sheet of plastic that cover it and diverted the air. this flap was loose and did not move with the door frame, so no air out vents. I 2side tape and a few small screws and it was all one unit again. Now all is fine, nice and cold. Not sure if this helps or if i have rambled on. but thats what fixed mine. if you need more help i have FSM and will be glad to talk with you on Phone if that would help. Just let me know

Alan A Jordan

Gates NC

90 IMP& looken for a 74-75

-------------- Original message from "Jim Przybylskii" <jimp1978@xxxxxxxxxxx>: --------------

Alan,

I'm having trouble with my AC too.  Can you explain your problem further?  I also have the 1990 Imperial....

Thanks,

Jim P.