Sent: Friday, July 22, 2005 12:40 PM
Subject: Re: IML: 57 Power Windows

Are there any "before we take the panels off" tests that can be conducted re: the mechanical or electrical systems that can be tried before I even get into the clips, etc? I haven't seen any fuses, so I'm assuming that it's not possible to be as simple as a fuse. The good news is that my mechanic is very, very particular, and he and I take this stuff on sort of together. Any thoughts on pre-tests like wire tracing or something?

Thanks.
Tim
---- GKitterma@xxxxxxx wrote:
I agree with Paul on this. If they do take proper care it can be quite time
consuming ( read expensive).

I've been into both front doors on my '56 and found that others had been
there before me, and performed repairs that would have caused my 8 year old
grandson to blush.

I have the factory tool for removing the handles without scratching the
surrounding area. If it is the same tool used for your car ( and I don't
know...don't have a '57 FSM ) I'd be glad to loan it to you if you promise to send it
back when I need it.

Let me know off list if I can help.

Gary Kitterman
'56 C-73 "Babe"