Re: IML: 57 Power Windows

A test light and some jumper wire would be all you would need to establish connectivity at the switch, and also to test the motors. I always do this before "ripping into" the panels. No matter how skillful and patient, they are old and brittle. It is almost certain that some damage will result from removing them. I do it as seldom as possible.

If you do pull the panels, it is a good idea to do "the whole enchalada" . That means cleaning, lubricating, and possibly refurbishing every part of everything including the wiring. Most of the time the panels have been pulled before, and if done many times, there is already some work to do.

Paul W.