Re: IML: Original Brakes

Older imperials were designed for a time when road traffic and speeds were only a fraction of what they are today, so I totally agree with any upgrades to the drivability of our cars.  Great stopping power certainly does'nt detract from the personality of an older car, and once the hub caps go back on the only way to tell  the car has disk brakes is to look for the confident and relaxed look on the drivers face, as opposed to the nervous frightened look on the 100% original drivers face. I speak from experience my daily driver is a 66 valiant wagon and I cant count the number of times nearly ran over somebody, before converting, back then the car was'nt nearly as enjoyable because of the constant fear of accidents and having to be so careful all the time. I was seriosly considering selling it thinking it just was'nt practical for modern traffic, now I just drive the thing  like everybody else drives their daily and dont worry bout a thing.I also live in an old house that originally came with an out house but now has an inside bathroom and I certainly aint going back to original on that either ! if that helps to explain my point of veiw on the matter.