Re: IML: 59 imperial and the long way to full restoration.

Darrell , Just thought of another option ... It's not the best but if it's the bottom flange you can use a smaller bolt wiht a lock waser and of course a flat washer.      GOOD LUCK JB
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, August 03, 2005 4:01 PM
Subject: IML: 59 imperial and the long way to full restoration.

between work and the luck i've had these past few weeks. I am getting back to working on my car again and to find somethings I had overlooked.

first I had the engine rebuilt, only new gaskets, seals, complete cleaning and I used some 600 grit wet sand paper on the cylinders to clean them up . I reinstalled the engine back in the car to start it up and to hear it run . funny thing is that while removing the engine from car , cleaning the engine and reenstalling it I never noticed that one of the starter bold holes had broke. when I started the car it ran better than I had expected, once started I had to adjust the distributer and carb to get it smooth out and run like new. but I couldnt run the engine very long because I didnt trust the old radiator, and I didnt have the cash on hand to get it cleaned and checked at that time. so then a couple of weeks ago I managed to get the cash together to have the radiator serviced, with the radiator like new again I rushed home to install it on the car so that I could start her up and run the car much longer and maybe take her for a drive. but my heart was crushed when I turned the key and heard the strange sound of the starter , so I first thought that I may have forgot to tighten the bolts up when I installed the engine, I grabbed my ratchet and socket to tighten the mounting bolts and thats when I found the where one of the bolt holes was broken, when I saw that I almost cried,

If anyone can feel my pain then you can understand that replacing the engine is not an option! no matter how much I havta spend I want the original engine repaired .

thanks in advance for any help you can give . I would kiss you'r feet if I could.