IML: Rubber fuel line question..

I've been systematically replacing the rubber fuel line on my '82. I understand that new formula hose is required to last with modern/oxygenated fuels. I am wondering exactly what hose rating is required? I believe Dick B. said 309R or something like that which is efi hose going for 7.99 for 18" <gasp> Regular hose (I believe it is 307R) is $1.25 per foot. I understand the car is injected, but the rear pump is low pressure so I am not sure if the injected hose is required prior to the control pump. I don't want to skimp, but this is a cheap driver and I don't want to throw money at it unless I have to.

On a separate note: the NHRA specifies no more than 12" of rubber hose on any vehicle. I did about that much (plus 12 hose clamps) just changing the fuel filters! There has got to be a better way.

Rob