Re: IML: Oil Pressure

Quite often  the pump will empty enuff to loose its prime, especialy if its got some wear on it. what might have happened is when you increased the RPM on your drive, it was able to create enuff suction to pull a little oil in and reprime its self.thats one more reason to always fill the filter before you install it. the mess you make trying to spin it on before the oil spills is nothing compared to the mess you could get into by not doing so.  I really dont think the weight of your oil caused your problem.