IML: what is a "stripper" and what is a LeBaron?

IML: what is a "stripper" and what is a LeBaron?

Bill, I had a feeling you would come up with those amazing statistics. Thanks. Do you, by any chance, have the price break on the various trim levels, minus added accessories?

If I may, with respect, quibble, there seems to be a contradiction in your definition of the non Crown or LeBaron as being a "Stripper" car. You wrote:

"For an Imperial, the basic, no-option, Custom was a stripper model. Yes,
you could load it up with all the options available on a LeBaron, but the
base Custom car, with no options, had less equipment than either a Crown or
a LeBaron."

The logic seems to imply you could indeed get a stripper base model but you could also get a stripper Crown and even a stripper LeBaron. If the base model could be loaded up with all the options, and so could the other trim levels, does the car's position on the trim ladder denote that the car must be, a priori, a stripper? We have heard of LeBarons, in later years, with wind up windows, for example. In 1958, because all "extras" were available at every trim level, it is not correct to say the non-named Imperial was a stripper by definition. Possibly, the introduction of the name, "Custom" in later years was an attempt to stratify positions but, in this era, it was important not to do so. You might buy the non named Imperial to avoid tow tone paint or leather, but you could still get everything else.

This gets me back to a point I have never had clearly defined to my own satisfaction, and it happens to be the question that sparked off this particular thread: "What was the difference, in 1958, between a Crown and a LeBaron? Crowns had a crown embossed into its leather seats. What did the LeBaron have? The LeBaron had a different trim on the sides that read LeBaron instead of Imperial but what else was different? Did they also have little crowns above the headlights? I know they had their own wheel covers. Were there any other interior appointments that were exclusive to the LeBaron? What were people paying for, over and above the Crown, apart from snob value?

Hugh