Re: IML: stripper imperial?

I still remember one of my father's colleagues looking over Dad's new '68 Imperial. He walked around, looked it over inside and out and said something like, "This is not an Imperial. It's just an oversized New Yorker. They stopped building Imperials after 1966, when they gave up on full frames."

The guy still had a black '64, '65 or '66 Imperial he had bought new. My father just shrugged his shoulders.:-)

I have heard automotive enthusiasts make similar statements over the years. Let them have their opinions. Their opinions are subjective. My '68 Crown is real! ;-)

K.