RE: IML: Torqueflite rebuild price

Ken;

Bob Baker of San Diego, (a member of this list, but he may not be listening
to this) has two parts transmissions from a 61 that used to belong to Papa
Tony Lindsay - and one was a completely rebuilt unit that was vandalized by
sand in the fluid, according to Tony.  I had them for a while, then traded
them to Bob for some stereo parts he had that I wanted.  If he still has the
transmissions, and you contact him, you can probably arrange to supply any
"hard parts" (if any are needed), assuming the story is correct and the
parts are not damaged from sitting around - they were out of the weather
while I had them.

As for the "soft parts", they were still available in kit form from the
usual suppliers, last I checked (last year when I did my 727).   So, I think
the guy gave you the "please go away" price at $3000 and "you can't get
parts".

Find an old transmission shop - not chain store, and not one that advertises
on TV.  Find one that has been there since the early days of automatic
transmissions and has grease on the floors, gray haired, crusty old
mechanics and is only open from 8 to 5 on weekdays.

Since you are so close, if you can't find one closer to you, I can recommend
a guy in Temecula (who meets the above requirements!).

Dick Benjamin