RE: IML: Link to '55 Imperial Limo Being Auctioned

RE: IML: Link to '55 Imperial Limo Being Auctioned

It is infuriating to me to see someone claiming a car in this condition is a “#3” car!

I’m slowly selling off my collection on eBay due to my advancing age and shrinking abilities, and I’m always very careful to list the condition of my cars following the “Old Cars Price Guide” scale of 1 through 6 for condition codes.

If I list a car as a #3 car, it is in what most folks would call “show condition”, which is what the OCPG says for #3.  (There are no #1 cars unless they have never been driven, other than into and out of trailers, and there are very few #2 cars, unless they are only driven to shows etc, and are still shiny underneath).

A #3 car is one that will take a trophy in most any local car show.

This car is a #5 car, and needs a total restoration, from the rubber on the road to the tip of the antenna!  A beautiful car, to be sure, and well worth saving, but please spare us the #3 rating!!!.

Dick Benjamin