Sent: Friday, August 19, 2005 9:20 PM
To: mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: IML: What to call the '67-68s

I think the '67/68s are a particularly elegant design, very representative of the best of Elwood Engel. The Imperial showcases the long elegant lines which are so classy and still impressive nearly 40 years after they were produced. I think that they should be called the 'Elegant Engels'.

Rgds

John

67 Imperial Convert (was green now white courtesy of previous owner)
Christopher H <imperial67@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Ah, the endless debate!

Since we're kind enough not to call the '74-78 models the "Golden Fawn" era
(or to refer to the color by its less-flattering nickname) or call the
fuselages "Avocados," can't we pick an attribute that is common to all '67s
and '68s?

I still think of mine in architectural terms, and its interior is certainly
high Danish Modern, even if there are touches of art deco outside, as in the
taillamps.

And I agree with Rob that being the first Unibody on an Imperial is
significant.

And while boxcar seems to demote them to freight-train status, they are the
most angular, straight-lined and sharp-edged of the Imperials.

And to me, they seem to represent Elwood Engel's design signature the best
of all his work.

So they become the Uni-Dani-Angle-Engel Imperials... Oh, whatever. Can we
just call them the Newest Prestige Car in a Decade, like the '67 ads did?

Chris in LA
67 Crown (not Haze Green)
78 NYB Salon (not Golden Fawn)