IML: Scam Artists?

Enclosed is a letter (the second) received from what I assume is a scam guy, The first one within seconds of listing my 67 Imperial Convertible on the website(IC). The first one offering me a whopping 2,000 for the car. I replied, rather tartly, and now today this letter.  Smells of scam to me.  However he is still a mere 10 grand short.
Seller Beware!

Allen

hello,

Thanks for the mail i really appreciate it i will want you to give me
the name you want on the check and the address where the check will
be send to with your mobile phonenumber so that i can instruct
myclient to issue out the payment on your name mind you you will be
receiving the check of $8,000 and send the balance back to my
shipper who is coming for the pick up of it if this is okay by you
let me have your full details so that we can move forward on this
transaction.can i trust you with this co's am willing to do this
deal with you with my wholeheartedly.if so let me have the details
in full. as soon as you do this consider the check at your
door.hoping to read from you soonest.
thanks,
regards,

PETER.