IML: It used to roll up and down

Good morning everyone:

Working on the power windows ('61 Crown) this weekend, I got three out of four of them working relatively well by cleaning, lubricating, clearing tracks of old bead & weatherstipping, etc.

However, I got the rear driver's side goin' (the driver's side window hasn't ever worked) up and down really well but then all of a sudden, it stopped working.  Having had the door panel off to do the lubrication work, I noticed the motor got really hot.  After a while it cooled off, but still didn't work the windows.

Could I have shorted the motor out with contact cleaner or lubrication?  I get nothing from the master switch at the driver's panel nor the window switch on the driver's side rear window.  The two windows/motors on the passenger side of the car work just fine.

I haven't done any additional diagnostics because I ran out of time but was wondering if the members of this list have any advice/suggestions before I can get back to it?

--
Joe
Allen, Texas