IML: Imperials at Pebble Beach Concours

Hi all -

While admiring a 1936 Imperial LeBaron Airflow at this
Concours last Sunday, I ran into mailing list member
David Whitney. He sent me down to admire a '33
Imperial that was also quite nice.  Photos to follow!

The show (and entry fee) was quite spectacular -
perhaps nearly 75 very rare Alfas - racers, custom
bodies, prototypes.  Including the 3 B.A.T. cars!

The cars and exhibits near the show were also quite
interesting - where else would you expect to see 5
Maybachs, for demo rides/drives?  On the upper putting
green was the Firepower and a Maybach limo.  It's
handler was slightly testy when I remarked the trunk
seemed a bit small - he said it would handle 3 golf
bags.  Guess the driver only gets to carry the bags
and not get to play.  It would be interesting to get
the specs for the trunk and compare it to my '66.

Shannon & I drove up and back in my '69 Alfa Spyder -
a little toasty through the Salinas Valley on the way
home.  Quite a contrast to the foggy ride up along
Highway 1.

Bob