Sent: Wednesday, September 21, 2005 3:33 PM
Subject: IML: 1973 Exhaust Manifold Leak

I?ve determined, with the help of this mailing list, that the 73 440?s for our Imperial Lebaron?s do not have a exhaust manifold gasket.  Sine I have an obvious leak in my exhaust manifold [on the driver?s side, of course, with steering column conveniently in the way] how do I find out if the head is warped without removing from the block?  Is there such a way?  Could it be the exhaust manifold that is somehow impaired?

Thanks for your feedback.  This us job #2 for this car.  Job #1 is a new carb which has been already discussed.

Dave Hall

1973 Imperial LeBaron with Vinyl top

?The Sleeping Giant?