Re: IML: '55 headlights/ Replace dimmer switch

Re: IML: '55 headlights/ Replace dimmer switch

I won't disagree with the idea of a short.

I think you should also check the dimmer switch on the floor. The headlights go through that. If the contacts are dirty, it could gnerate enough heat to activate the circut breaker. You can either rebuild yours or buy a new one. They show up on Ebay all the time for about $20.00.

I have had trouble with this switch on several cars.

Paul W.