IML: 64 Imp wiring problem

Here is a new problem I hope someone can help me with. Usually, this occurs when I try to start the car for the first time. I turn on the key, the radio plays, but there is no engagement of the starter - like the battery is dead.

I pulled the wire loom connector from the firewall and found the connections dirty and corroded. I cleaned them up, exposing clean metal and plugged it back in and it started.

The next day it wouldn't start again unless I "jiggiled" the wires. Thinking the connectors strill were not making contact, I made new wire connectors about 3 inches long and plugged them in, then tried again. The car started.

The next day, it wouldn't unless I moved the wires around. Once it's running for the day, it will restart.

I'm thinking two things: One of the 3 ignition wires to the connector has a short or something, or the neutral safety switch is shot. A new one is on the way.

What do you think, guys?

Jay