Sent: Monday, October 24, 2005 9:00 PM
Subject: IML: 1981 Imperial & Crate Engines???

Hello Imperial Enthusiasts!

I am on the verge of having a 360 ci 380 hp crate engine
put in my 1981 Imperial.

Does anyone have experience with this?  Any advice would be
greatly appreciated!!!  The mechanic is not too sure about
the clearance for the air cleaner filter cover, also he
warned me about possible stalling due to the rear axle ratio
and the increased HP of the motor (?)...anything else I should
be aware of???

BTW: I am planning to have Nick Losurdo, of Classic Concepts in West Babylon, Long Island, NY do the engine work...anyone know him?

Many TIA!

Abe Mantell