IML: Pearlescent Leather for Front Seats

IML: Pearlescent Leather for Front Seats

Anyone bought any Pearlescent Leather hides lately? I called SMS today and was quoted minimum $900 per hide. That's more than twice the price my upholstery guy can get some very high quality hides for from local supplier. He can match the color very well BUT not the Pearlescent finish. Thing is, SMS told me they charge that $900 price with or without the Pearlescent finish. I'd consider going with my local guy's leather and forego the original finish but my back seats are near-perfect so it's only the front seats that need doing. People tell me labor is the real cost of seats but, in this case, the original finish materials would cost me 3X what he'll charge me to do the work. On top of all of that, SMS tells me it takes 5-6 weeks from the time I pay in full to get the material. I "hear" that could really be 5-6 MONTHS with those guys.

Anybody have any suggestions? Alternative suppliers of Pearlescent Leather? Spare original front seat covers hidden somewhere? I have a '66 Crown Coupe hardtop - leather is burgandy red. The color code plate is on the car if I need it.

Thanks,
Jon