IML: 68 Charging problems cleared but ...

IML: 68 Charging problems cleared but ...

Hello list,

I changed the alternator with a rebuilt one and the stayed on when I disconnected the battery. When I looked the the charging Gage it seemed to be at 3/4 passed the middle. Should I adjust the Black voltage regulator and set it to 14 volts. My 74 New Yorker does not have the same black box on the passenger side so I never had to adjust it. So is this what I do? It got Dark on me when I put in the alternator and I couldn't check anything else. Thanks for all your info so far.

Luis

Luis Colon
1968 Blue Convertable,1974 Chysler New Yorker.