Re: IML: HELP- need brake booster 66 crown

Re: IML: HELP- need brake booster 66 crown

Hi Greg:

If you've had good success with a vendor, maybe you could send the folks who volunteer on the Imperial site the details (name, location, telephone, etc.) and we'll get them added to the vendor's list.  When you send the details, write something up about your experience such as the particulars of the repair (brake booster for a 1965 Crown), the cost (actual amount or a descriptor like, "reasonable"), the turnaround time (you mentioned a week to and fro between Mobile & DFW), and maybe your comments on the customer service (professional, courteous, eager to have your business, etc.).

With those details, we can share the information with the entire club and others who use our award-winning free site (well, if it hasn't won an award, it should!), for research and such!

Send the information to iml-webmonsters@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx when you get a chance and we'll get the site updated.

And for the rest of you, if you haven't visited the site lately, you'll want to take a look at what's new:  http://www.imperialclub.com/new.htm  Lots of good stuff added since August!

Y'all have a good day!

--
Joe
Allen, Texas

Kelly,

I had the brake booster on my '65 Crown convertible rebuilt.  Has your booster been inspected and were you told it can't be rebuilt or did a technician just tell you to 'get another one'?  I would think there would be a shop in Nashville or somewhere nearby who does this work.  But if not, I can give you the contact info for the shop in Dallas, TX where I sent mine to be rebuilt.  The price was very reasonable and the turn around time wasn't long (about a week or so from sending it to them to getting it back)!

Greg McDonnell
Mobile, AL