RE: IML: classic car insurance

How old must a car be for this type of insurance? or dose it go by what your State calls Classic. In NC it 35 Yrs, and just over the line in VA is 30 Yrs.

been looking for a cheaper way to cover my 75 IMP

Alan Jordan

90 IMP

75 LeBaron

-------------- Original message from "Rob McCall" <Rob_Mopar@xxxxxxxxxxx>: --------------

I?m here in PA as well and I have been using American Collector?s for several years.  I had a claim with them on my ?68 Barracuda not long after I switched to them, but before I took the car apart for restoration.  They were very responsive, and there wasn?t any hassle getting them to cut a check.  They also have a $3500 minimum.  When I went to add the ?68 Dart to the policy I was going to insure it for $2000 (it still needs work), and they said that $3500 was the minimum, so that?s what it?s insured for.  With the rise in collector car prices over the last couple years, they increased the value of all four without needing to resubmit photos.

We are paying $331/year for 4 vehicles.  The values on them vary, with my ?68 Barracuda the highest (the most ?done? one of the bunch) with the Imperial currently the lowest.  Ironically, the Dart is currently valued at a grand higher than the Imp.   I?ll have them readjust that after the Imperial is back on the road.

Rob McCall

?67 LeBaron

?67 Barracuda convertible (not currently insured, or assembled for that matter)

?68 Barracuda (two 1st place and two 2nd place finishes at Carlisle)

?68 Dart 270

?73 Challenger (2nd highest value on the policy)

And a couple other non-Imperial Mopars too