Sent: Friday, November 04, 2005 3:54 PM
To: mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: IML: classic car insurance

I mine with Condon & Skelly.  They are brokers, the actual policy is
written
by Metropolitan.  I pay about $80 per year for full coverage on my
'cuda.  I
believe the car must be 25 or older.  I think I valued it at $7,500.  I
have
to raise it since the value has gone up astronomically since I started
with
the collector insurance.  I've had it for about 10 years with no
problems,
but I've never made a claim. Somebody on one of the lists had trouble
with a
claim, so I'm looking into others.

They ask if the car is garaged.  They limit the mileage and you are not
allowed to use the car for errands or commuting, but they never have
checked
any of it.  I *tell* them the mileage each year.  In fact, the last 4
years
I haven't inspected it and they don't say boo.  You state the value of
the
car, so I would anticipate needing documentation to prove the value if
there
(God forbid) comes a time to make a claim.

Rob

>From: "Woolf,Richard T(Contractor)" <richard.woolf@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: RE: IML: classic car insurance
>Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 12:09:05 -0500
>
>I've had great luck with J.C. Taylor. They have never ask me how many
miles
>I put on a year.
>
>I have been with them for 21 years with no problems at all.
>

>Rich W.
>
>'66 Crown
>
>'73 LeBaron
>
>'75 LeBaron