Re: IML: Imperial Heaven

I am glad that Imperial Heaven has been parting these cars out. I have tried to save as many as I can. I can't really handle any more than 8. Bob H.'s cars help the rest of us keep ours going. I am sure that he doesn't part out any that would be considered cream puffs, or even some that most of us wouldn't want to bother with.

I once knew a man who bought every Imperial that came for sale between the years 1975 and 1982. He even knocked on the doors of people who had Imperials parked in front of their houses. He bought over 200 of them, cheap. They were all between 1960 and 1966. He planed to keep them as an investment, but when his "investment" didn't take off, he bailed on the Imperials. NONE of them were parted out. About five cars were sold to collectors. The rest were sent directly to the crusher, and sold as scrap metal. He got about ten cents for each dollar he had spent. Because of his buying spree, there were NO Imperials in parts lots around here for about ten years. He had purchased and then crushed everyone that would have ended its useful life in a bone yard, and helped us Seattlites w/ parts for our Imperials for years to come.

Many of us have seen or heard other stories just as bad. Bob H. is here to help us all. He has offered any of his cars to us for restoration, if any of us want one of them that way. Personally, I plan to leave Bob's cars where they are. That way when I need something, I can order it from him, and do business with/help someone who has been there for us over and over again. I prefer to business with him and the other vendors involved w/ the OIC than local wrecking yards any day.

Paul W.